Recreational soccer is a soccer program that is primarily devoted to the enjoyment and development of soccer players without the emphasis on travel or high level competition. Contact your local club for playing opportunities.
A recreational player is one who is assigned to a team that plays in a recreational league.
- How recreational teams are formed
- recreational teams are formed each year
- teams are formed on geographical area or random selection
- all teams uder the age of 10U are considered recreational teams
- WYSA has adopted an "Age Exemption Policy" whereby districts may adopt policy permitting overage players to be rostered under certain conditions
- must be initiated by the parent
- no more than 2 players per team
- player must not be more than 6 months older than the normal August 1 deadline
- requires club approval and/or district approval if playing in an East Central League